POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fourier series : Re: Fourier series Server Time
17 Aug 2024 08:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fourier series
From: Anton Sherwood
Date: 24 Oct 2001 02:17:56
Message: <3BD65E8F.7A93C356@pobox.com>
When I showed this image to my dad, he saw it as something flat, and
took the colors within the ellipse to be the important part -- and was
baffled that I said it had something to do with Fourier series!

As usual, I used a shiny texture and a multicolored sky.  Rays within
the tube bounce around and emerge at `random' angles, whence the chaos.

Slime wrote:
> I assume that as we look towards the back of the object, we see the
> places where more terms have been added. So, as you added term after
> term, how did you calculate the value "inbetween" the terms? linear
> interpolation?

Yes.  See the creases at the first few terms?

--
Anton Sherwood